Friday, November 7, 2014

Comber Cage Bird Society - Archie Scott

During my time in Northern Ireland, I had the opportunity to meet with the Comber Cage Bird Society and give a presentation.

Since the audience represented a number of different canary breeders, I focused on early recognition and treatment of common canary ailments and worked into tips for successful canary breeding.

During the break, Joe McClean stepped up with some questions and then shared this tip for improving luster on the show bench: 1 quart water, 1 teaspoon rose water glycerin (like the ladies use to take off make-up), and 1 drop witch hazel.

After the presentation, I was given this lovely lead crystal wine glass made in Belfast! Wish I lived close enough to be an active member in the Comber Cage Bird Society. The members were very friendly and anxious to discuss canaries!

A few days later, we went to see Archie Scott to wish him a happy 90th birthday! Archie, a long time member of the Comber Bird Society, is a recognized Master and Mentor too many including Robert Bennett!

As I was leaving, his son thoughtfully presented me with the club pen for his father! Note the club was founded in 1900!

No comments: