Saturday, May 30, 2015

Feeding More Wheat and Wheat Products Part 2



Whole Wheat Cornbread

Recipe

2 cups Cornmeal
2 cups 100% Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
4 Tbsp. Sugar
4 Whole Eggs With Shell
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup oil

Combine dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Do not overbeat. Bake in greased 10 inch pan for approximately 35 minutes. Cool and process in food processor. This will grind up egg shell and get it ready to add to nestling food.



My basic nestling food recipe now has additional processed wheat with polenta or cornmeal and processed Whole Wheat Cornbread.

I still am using all the ingredients in the nestling food recipe but in addition I often offer a separate dish of the golden cous cous and quinoa.

Whatever bread or cake  etc. is leftover is processed in the food processor and fed either in a separate dish or mixed in the nestling food. Recently my daughter Kellie, made a strawberry sponge cake complete with icing and fresh raw strawberries on top (since she made it for me, it was splenda instead of sugar).

At least a half cake was left over so after a couple of days, I put the cake, frosting, raw strawberries in the food processor. It was too wet when I processed it so I added dry cornmeal till it was a crumbly moist consistency. It smelled so good that I offered it in a separate dish and the birds quickly cleaned up every bite!

Wheat is also included in my soak seed/sprouting mix purchased from Abba.


Healthy nest of four German Roller chicks. Note the rose pink color and the fat deposit on the rump of the chick on your left. This means you are getting the right portions of carbohydrate to protein.

No comments: