Monday, December 29, 2014

Did It Work? Shawn From South Africa Shares Eggless Bumper Crop Results

Hi Linda,
I've just finished breeding and the base of my softfood is very similar to yours. I can confirm that I have had a bumper year on it having reared 21 borders from 6 pairs, about 70 new colours from 10 pairs and 10 fifes from a single pair. I use Orlux, cous cous with olive oil and poppy seeds, into which I process about 5 slices of white bread, or garlic bread or even plain sponge cake. I add my vitamins and palm oil to the mixture and sprouts with peas and sweet corn (thawed) I have had zero wastage and my birds are looking awesome, despite being totally broken from the moult right now. Just thought is share. By the way I haven't used any eggs at all. I also offer all pairs with babies dry hand rearing formula free choice.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Shawn

1 comment:

Brian Rowe said...

Very interesting, Big Bird. You have readers all over the world.