Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Forward To Breeding Irish Fancy in 2016

The last few years I have been admiring Irish Fancy Canaries and now in 2016 I will breed them for the first time! I am really looking forward to interacting and learning from these very personable birds!

A very special young buff feathered hen from Dr. Jim Sillers's stock.

Her mate a beautiful yellow feathered young male from Brian Byrne's stock.


My daughter Sandy who helps me care for the birds, loves the new Irish Fancy breed and spends extra time making eye contact and talking to them each morning!


Check out Portal Bird http://www.portalbird.com/  for an excellent article by Paul O'Kane Secretary of the Irish Fancy Canary Club of Ulster. The article is titled "Important Aspects of the Irish Fancy Canary and has very good breeding tips and discussion of the standard!





No comments: