Thursday, October 8, 2009

Biggest Loser - Canary Edition




Slimming Down Fatty

Some canaries have good appetites and gain weight rather easily. Often the fatty chest tendency seems to run in lines. As I was checking out my Staffords, I spotted a nice colored one but far too chesty even when he stands up he is overly endowed! He has his fathers nice red color but alas he also is chesty just like him.

Time to take off a few grams! Starting today, he will be feed petamine breeding formula only and no other seeds or bread. Petamine is a complete diet food that is higher in protein and lower in carbohydrates and I expect he will tighten-up, lose several grams, and look much better on it.

Greens are OK and will cut his calories. He will also need to exercise a whole lot more. I will give him only two perches that are placed far apart in his cage. The perches will be high and the food on the floor to maximize his exercise.

As his trainer, I am planning some free flying time for him around my large aviary and chasing him around the room till I finally catch up with him so he will fly much harder and lots further and burn up even more calories.

No comments: